Jackson Hogg is delighted to be working with a strong team of engineering design consultants who provide a variety of MEP Design Services. They have vast experience in a range of sectors from small retail refurbishments to large scale multi-million-pound M&E contracts.
This is a full-time on-site role for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer. The Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for creating detailed designs, developing electrical schematics and drawings, ensuring compliance with regulations and codes, and collaborating with other engineers and design teams to deliver high-quality projects. The engineer will report to the Director / Managing Director.
Electrical design of bespoke machinery, ensuring compliance to Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations 2008. Including relevant calculations.
- Meetings with customers at HAUK and customers site to discuss and agree specific machine requirements.
- Site surveys to gather information and data to ensure an optimum design solution.
- Create design sign off documents for customer approval.
- Create electrical specification for capital purchased components.
- Develop electrical concepts.
- Co-ordinate with Mechanical Design, Assembly and Commissioning teams
- Provide technical guidance to the electrical design team and senior management
- Achieve project milestones
- Mentor junior design engineers
- Complete additional tasks when required
- HNC/HND/Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role (designing bespoke machines)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience using E-plan (including understanding of E-plan reports/Schemes/Templates for terminals and cables etc and creating projects from new)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing pneumatic systems.
- Very good understanding of PLC’s, remote I/O, inverter & servo drives, robots and industrial networks etc.
- Experience in understanding e-Drawing (or equivalent) models to create the electrical design
- In depth knowledge of EN standards (EN 13849, EN 60204 etc)
- Complete Machine SISTEMA files
If that sounds of interest please feel free to get in touch using the details below.