Role: Senior ICT Support Technician
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Working: In-office, Monday to Friday
- You will be reporting to the Network Manager
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the reliability of IT functions, equipment and systems and for supporting all users with ICT technical requirements on a day-to-day basis.
- Deliver the ICT service in conjunction with the ICT Support team and be aware of the ICT’s policies and work in accordance with these
- You will support the Network Manager on longer term projects to adapt and/or improve the way the organisation delivers its ICT service.
- Contribute to the planning, development and monitoring of ICT support services.
- Advise and assist the procurement of ICT equipment.
- Assist in the maintenance, installation and support of Firewalls, network Switches and Servers.
- Assist in the maintenancedeployment of the backup systems of all servers and disaster recovery processes.
- Assist in the management of the organisation’s Ubiquiti Unifi wireless network
- Assist with the upkeep of the asset inventory and production of an annual audit of the ICT equipment
- Perform deployment of Software and maintain timely updates.
- Perform deployment and maintenance of Windows Desktop updates.
- Maintain anti-virus with regular checks
- Liaise with partners and suppliers on ICT related issues.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grade A-C
- MS Windows Server, 2016 and 2019 in a networked environment.
- MS Windows 10 & 11 software and services
- Developing and maintaining Virtualisation technologies.
- Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP, and wireless technologies.
- Storage systems such as RAID (hardware and Software) and Storage Area Networks (SANs)
- Modern network infrastructure devices such as managed switches, firewalls and filtering, and current cabling standards.
- Experience of installing and configuring computer hardware and software
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose complex systems, networks, and application performance issues.
- An ability to analyse issues, make informed judgments, take appropriate actions and accept responsibility for results.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently organise time and resources to complete work accurately, thoroughly, and on time, detailing deliverables and tasks accordingly.