Jackson Hogg have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior cloud/infrastructure engineer to join a well respected global firm located in the heart of Newcastle as part of their substantial global IT hub.
Role: Senior Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: Up to £60,000
Location: Newcastle Hybrid
Remote: up to 3 days
Employment Type: Permanent
The role will see you joining a cloud focused infrastructure team tackling a wide range of technical projects and offering a fantastic opportunity to gain experience across Cloud, On-prem, DevOps and Infrastructure as code. Your time will be split between managing projects and operating as a 3rd line support for any major technical queries or issues.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in both Azure cloud and on-prem technology (VMware, Windows Server etc.) with experience managing projects and working both independently and as part of a wider team. You will need to be a fast learner, with interest in the areas parallel to cloud and how it operates as part of a wider technical infrastructure.
- An IT Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong technical experience in Azure cloud
- Strong technical experience in On-prem technology (VMware, Windows Server)
- Experience managing technical projects relating to cloud and infrastructure
- Prior experience working at a 3rd line level of support is desirable
- Experience in DevOps, Infrastructure as code and Process/Change control is highly desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior cloud and infrastructure engineer to join a stable and growing organisation know for it’s excellent development opportunities, personnel care and strong technical mindset.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply below, or you can contact me at Peter.barrett@Jacksonhogg.com or 07308349873 if you have any further questions.