Jackson Hogg are delighted to be working with leading industrial technology company Billingham in the ton their search for a Senior Software Engineer to join their team.
The senior software engineer (technical) role exists to sign off on technical decisions, be a technical specialist in a particular (or broad) field and to feed into the team new technology developments and methods. They may need to mentor or train others but this will not be their primary role.
Role Duties include:
- Being accountable for technical decisions across projects, ensuring these decisions are followed through and coordinated with Scrum teams.
- Have a high level of technical skill, provide technical leadership and consultancy to both internal and external development teams and stakeholders.
- Define and maintain technology roadmaps for the Software team.
- To ensure good coding practice with the software team, keep standards high and consistent and strive for improvement.
- Promoting and practicing agile methodologies.
- To understand and seek out higher level / bigger picture objectives to communicate with team and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the software talent acquisition process, through direct recruitment (interviews) and creating relationships with industries in the area.
- To carry out the accountabilities of a Software Engineer – Namely designing, developing and supporting application software, as well as extracting requirements from customers and presenting & explaining solutions to customers and end users.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Technical experience needed:
- C# / .NET
- Degree in computer science related course or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience working throughout a software project lifecycle
- Ability to learn and adapt.
- Experience using Microsoft Azure (Desirable)
- Good knowledge of design patterns and testing frameworks (Desirable)
- Experience with WPF.
- Knowledge of PC interfacing and industrial communication protocols. (Desirable)
??Please get in touch if you would like any more information on this role!