Jackson Hogg are pleased to be working with an exciting organisation based in Northumberland in the search for a Senior Software Engineer to join their expanding team. This role will be based in Stocksfield and will include onsite working where and when required.
Our client prides themselves on creating a fun and relaxed environment where individuals can express their full potential. Due to the nature of this position, this role involves a significant amount of time working with their products for development and testing, therefore this role would require onsite presence as and when needed.
They are looking for someone who will enjoy developing advanced software to power their products as they develop their software in-house specifically for their hardware platforms.
The right individual will be a developer who has experience of building software to run on real-time platforms and developing desktop applications. This work covers initial architecture design, specifying hardware, OS and libraries, code writing and review, source control and release management. They will work closely with mechanical and electrical engineers during the design and test of products.
This role may also include AI Development including testing and implementing new AI Algorithms, managing the development of training data sets and producing new models for deployment onto edge hardware.
Our client primarily uses C/C++ for it's embedded software development and C# for it's desktop software, alongside Python for its AI Development.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to develop software applications from idea to deployment.
- Have a breadth of experience using multiple software languages in different domains.
- Be interested in developing the software practices and tools used throughout the organisation, in both it's products and processes.
- Possess the creativity to identify opportunities to improve product features and performance.
- Have a level of experience in developing software for deployment on physical devices.
Nice to have:
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of computer vision techniques and general machine learning principles.
- Willing to travel to represent our client to customers and suppliers, including working directly with customers to integrate our clients products with their systems.
Salary – £50,000 – £70,000 DOE
Contract – Permanent
For more information please apply to Jackson Hogg