Senior Tax Analyst
Your new role:
Jackson Hogg are delighted to be supporting an established company in Teesside in their search of a Senior Tax Analyst. You will be joining an in-house team of 6 where you will be responsible for all direct tax (compliance and advisory) matters.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Managing corporate income tax compliance for affiliates in the UK, Europe and APAC.
- Corporate income tax compliance activities include managing and coordinating with external advisors the preparation and filing of tax returns, calculating and making timely tax payments.
- Have strong UK tax knowledge to lead on processes such as transfer pricing, SAO, CIR, RDEC, Tax Strategy etc, on an ongoing basis.
- On a quarterly and yearly basis prepare tax provisions (current and deferred) on an IFRS (IAS 12) along with supporting analysis for uncertain tax positions, recognition of deferred taxes where required.
- Supporting the business transition from US GAAP to IFRS tax reporting.
- Prepare local transfer pricing files where required.
- Assisting in managing tax audits in respect of direct tax matters, including dealing with enquiries from HMRC and other tax authorities as necessary.
- Support tax team leadership in tax related planning, including M&A, intercompany debt management, and planning for future tax legislation.
You will be/have:
- Qualified ACA (or equivalent) – CTA would be beneficial but not essential.
- Experience of working within a public accounting firm or a large industry tax department.
- Strong understanding and experience in accounting for income taxes in accordance with IAS 12 and/or ASC 740.
- Solid tax research and analysis skills.
- Experienced in UK tax matters.
- Exposure to European income tax matters would be beneficial.
- Must have analytic, quantitative reasoning, and interpretive abilities.