Role: Service delivery Engineer
Location: Abercynon, Wales
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 7am till 4pm (Some flexibility) Friday 7am till 12:15pm (In office) – Possible flexibility
This role will be responsible for the on-going operation of IT service delivery in Abercynon, and as part of a global virtual team providing remote assistance to installations around the world. Also, delivering a professional IT service, based on appropriate recognised best practice to support our evolving business goals.
- Be the first point of contact for IT issues.
- Take ownership of IT issues and follow them through to ensure they are complete even if passed to another colleague in the IT team.
- Work within a virtual team to provide support to staff around the globe with IT issues, escalating where necessary to other teams.
- You are responsible for any escalated calls and will ensure that these are resolved acceptably to both parties.
- Support local systems, such as storage, telecoms and networking.
- Manage company phone systems and time clock systems.
- Responsible to ensure adequate backups are completed.
- Monitor the availability of global systems through existing portals and log, resolve and escalate issues.
- Providing technical assistance and training to computer users on the application software, hardware and computer services.
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers on software, hardware, telecommunication for leased line and telephone system to maintain proper relationship for better maintenance and support for local systems.
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of ITOL service management and process execution is a benefit.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems, MCSE desirable.
- Knowledge of VMware Vsphere infrastructure, VCP desirable.
- Knowledge of HP server and storage technologies.
- Experience of working in a global multinational company.
Key Personality Attributes
- Ability to internalise and advocate the customers position.
- Operates with the upmost integrity.
- Effective time management.
- Strong team focus.
- Logical, thorough and process-based delivery style Precise and have attention to detail, meeting commitments and delivering continual improvement within communicated and well managed budgetary restrictions.