Jackson Hogg are delighted to be working with leading industrial technology company Billingham in the ton their search for a Software Engineer to join their team!
The software engineer role exists to design and implement software to support our clients instruments and services across the globe. The software team manage the external facing software, such as desktop, mobile, web and cloud solutions to support these functions.
Role Duties include:
- To design, develop and support application sofware.
- Extracting requirements from customers
- Presenting and explaining solutions to customers and end users
- Working within an autonomous team that hold support each other with good practices and standards.
- Contribute innovative ideas and novel solutions to solving business problems with software, and suggest new ways of working where applicable. This could be through innovation time (10% of working time) innovation days, or hackathons.
- Support the R&D software team with managing the application lifecycle, from code reviews and the scrum delivery process to automation of the build and release process.
- Promoting the software team internally and externally through networking events, show & tell workshops and/or conferences.
- Contribute to the professional development of less experienced or junior members of staff where needed.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities wherever reasonably instructed.
Technical experience needed:
- C# / .NET
- Degree in computer science related course or equivalent experience.
- Experience working throughout a software project lifecycle
- Ability to learn and adapt.
- Experience using Microsoft Azure (Desirable)
- Good knowledge of design patterns and testing frameworks (Desirable)
- Experience with WPF.
- Knowledge of PC interfacing and industrial communication protocols. (Desirable)
Please get in touch if you would like any more information on this role!