Jackson Hogg Supply Chain division are delighted to be exclusively partnering with an electronics business in Oldham, Greater Manchester, on the appointment of a Supply Chain Bid Coordinator to join their supply chain team. This is a full time and permanent role and can offer a competitive salary and package.
This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines with attention to detail.
Ability to cope with multiple complex projects simultaneously. The Supply Chain Coordinator will work as part of a cross functional team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to prepare and manage the supply chain to ensure they deliver commercially advantageous bids. You would also be taking ownership of the end-to-end supply process in conjunction with the sales lead and commercial team leading the proposals.
- Work as part of a cross functional team providing inputs related to suppliers
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial / financial aspects of the bid that related to supplier and supply chain
- Risk tracking and management of the suppliers
- Taking ownership of the end-to-end supplier solution (technical, commercial, legal), with all necessary procedures and governance adherence / sign off
- Supporting and facilitating proposal kick-off meetings / key review meetings / final document review
- Providing proposal input for a variety of stakeholders
- Editing /reviewing suppliers proposal content for consistency and grammar related to supply chain aspects
- Coordinate through configuration management, document production, version control and delivery of the completed proposal content related to supplier content
- Supporting bid gate review sessions, alongside the sales lead (Opportunity Owner)
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues relating to the bid and how it is to be articulated, with respect to suppliers
- Support developing a proposal structure, to cover supply chain content
- Contributing to the written proposal – both in terms of content and visual presentation
- Obtain information required to support cost build up into client pricing breakdown in the way best aligned to win strategy
- Flow down customer T&C’s and quality requirements to suppliers as required.
- Confident in dissecting RFPs and identifying frequently asked questions / similar previous proposals and aligning this to our current supply chain and find new suppliers
- Produce professionally written proposal content that clearly articulates the suppliers value proposition
- Re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of suppliers, without changing technical meaning
- Identify possibility of re-using existing pre-written content where relevant (and re-working to suit as required)
- Interpret relevant product /service / business knowledge by producing impactful statistics to quantify a value proposition relating to a supplier
- Control the flow down of customer documentation that the suppliers need to conform to.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and influence at multiple levels within own and the external organisation
- Good organisational, planning and estimation skills with the ability to multitask and monitor the activities of others
- Can react quickly and confidently to urgent situations
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills
- Strong written English language skills
- Strong commercial understanding
- Advanced MS Word skills and proficient in MS Office
- Qualified to Honours Degree in Engineering, Business, or associated discipline
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Early application is highly recommended for this role. ASAP start available!