Jackson Hogg Supply Chain division are delighted to be partnering with a manufacturing organisation based in Slough on the appointment of a Supply Chain Manager to join their team focusing on procurement-related objectives.
This is a full time and permanent role offering up to £60,000 per annum with on site working with the opportunity to work from home only on an adhoc basis. Benefits include 25 days holiday, up to 10.5% company contribution pension, SIP share scheme and Life assurance.
Reporting into the Operations Director, you will be working as part of the senior team within the operations function. Overseeing a global supply base including China and the EU, the Supply Chain Manager role will support ongoing growth and expansion whilst ensuring consistent quality and delivery of materials from the supplier base.
- Manage a Supply Chain team of 7 staff
- Appraise supplier manufacturing ability through on-site visits – frequent travel required
- Negotiate pricing and terms with suppliers to achieve optimum cost per item
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements
- Develop and implement procedures or systems to evaluate and select suppliers
- Develop the Supply Chain team to create a high performing function who are empowered to deliver
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows and responsibilities
- Analysing inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, and optimize customer service
- Project management of development stages of new products from a supply chain perspective
- Inventory management and management of the customer demand schedule, balanced with business capacity
- We are looking for a leader with a successful track record in global supply chain management. You will be a driven self-starter who is looking to make a difference.
- Degree in engineering or related field
- CIPS or equivalent qualification preferred
- Data driven with strong analytical skills
- 5 years + in supply chain
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems
- Purchasing & production experience
- Strong & proven leadership skills
- Experience with global supplier base such as China and EU would be an advantage
There is an immediate start available with interviews to take place in April 2023. Early application is highly recommended!