Jackson Hogg are delighted to be partnering with a leading CDMO based in the Northumberland area. The organisation are experiencing continued growth and are keen to bring on board exceptional talent.
At present they are keen to recruit an experienced Synthetic Chemist to work on their client projects, carrying out a range of organic synthesis. You will also act as project lead on assigned projects. The role will be focussed on carrying out synthetic activities and process route design for their client’s niche projects.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Plan and perform chemical synthesis in accordance with regulatory and company procedures
- Design of synthetic routes
- Act as project lead for small scale synthesis, working with clients to provide updates and reporting as required
- Perform in-process analytical testing, ensuring analytical, microbiological and material testing needs are discussed and agreed with the onsite analytical team
- Ensure compliance with GMP and other regulatory requirements
- Strong background in synthetic organic chemistry gained from a PhD in Chemistry, experience working within industry would also be considered
- Strong experience and understanding of synthetic organic chemistry techniques and methods, experience of carrying out a range of synthesis
- Experience of carrying out synthetic chemistry in a GMP regulated environment would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience working on isotope labelling would be advantageous but not essential
This is an opportunity for a technical strong synthetic chemist to gain valuable experience in industry with a business that focusses on career progression and supporting the technical development of their staff. The role comes with a competitive benefits package including flexitime.
If you’re a confident synthetic chemist keen to continue your career with a leading business in the Northumberland area then please do apply online.