Technical Sales Engineer (Hydrogen)
The Hydrogen team are looking to recruit a dynamic Technical Sales Engineer. As a technical sales engineer, you’ll use your technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of company Hydrogen solutions, for which a certain level of expertise is needed.
As the Hydrogen technical sales engineer you will be the key point of contact for customers, answering queries, providing technical advice and provide both pre and post-sales advice for customers. You’ll liaise regularly with other members of the Hydrogen team and colleagues from a range of departments and with support from the engineering department you will produce budget and firm proposals for submission to the customer.
Sunderland, UK based. Supporting global opportunities / customers.
Job Description/Core duties:
The role includes (but is not limited to) the following responsibilities:
- Receive and analyse Customer enquiries through the CRS and formal enquiry specifications
- Prepare tenders, proposals and quotation information
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support
- Create quotations with accurate costing sheets including the technical proposal, scope of supply, functional technical specifications, delivery programme, and other such supporting information
- Take ownership of the costing sheet templates ensuring they remain accurate by liasing with key stakeholders
- Communicate to internal/external stakeholders project ownership for a specific quotation and give estimated completion date
- Support any post bid Questions/Answers phase as part of the clarification process
- Following receipt of any PO in relation to the proposal, prepare a Technical Pack and attend the Systems Kick Off Meeting in support of a hand-over to projects
- Be involved with any possible ‘lessons learned’ reviews and take responsibility for organizing the implementation of change to support continuous improvement
- Be available for clarification of any matter relating to the bid during the Contract stage, together with providing commercial support for the clarification and cost quantification relating to any emerging works in the form of Variation Claims
- Assist with producing customer specific technical and quality information as required for proposals
- Produce draft designs and diagrams according to the given specifications
- Work in accordance with company procedures and work instructions – and be active in feedback and development of these.
Experience, knowledge, skills:
- Knowledge of design requirements to comply with current EU/UKCA legislation (machine directives, CE certifications, EU design standards, PED (pressure equipment directive), ATEX etc.)
- Systems engineering experience and understanding of construction or production methods and processes
- Through strong verbal and written communication – be able to persuade clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery
- Meet regular quotation targets and coordinate prospects
- Create technical presentations and demonstrate how a product meets client needs
- Must have an appropriate Engineering Related Qualifications and strong technical skillset
As a powerful and progressive global industrial company, we are looking for talented candidates with a bias for action and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team. Our employees are empowered to act as owners every day for our customers, our communities and themselves. We offer a broad range of opportunities to build a successful and rewarding career with an innovative company that is making life better for future generations.
We offer a competitive remuneration package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays (Option to purchase 5 days after probation period)
- 5% Pension Contribution
- Westfield Health Medial Cover
- Death in Service Benefit of 4 x salary
- Cycle scheme (After probation period)
- Electric Car Scheme (After probation period)
- 10% of salary in shares after 1 year of employment